Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bekah's Bowling Birthday Party

Bekah had her 8th birthday party at the bowling alley and had a lot of fun.
One of my favorite pictures from the day is not of the birthday girl though, but of this cute little backside. He took the game very seriously and thought it was about the most fun this little 3 year old had ever had.
Bekah had two of her best friends joined her for the afternoon, and they just happen to be twin sisters. Such cute girls, I'm glad she is able to have some good friends here.

Not to mention silly.


Speaking of kids having fun...this one took my turn because he just couldn't stand the thought of not rolling the ball down the ramp like his big brothers. He really didn't like waiting for his turn to come around either.

The happy little birthday girl with her (not homemade) cake. :)
I know I say it all the time, but WOW she really is growing up isn't she? She looks like such a big kid in this picture, not at all what I picture her in my head.


The mandatory blowing out the candles picture...
She got some really fun gifts too, like this Littlest Pet Shop set from Sydney. Bekah is obsessed with Littlest Pet Shops...I should take a picture of her collection someday...although it would probably have to be several pictures!  She also got that fun bowling pin drink cup from the Bowling alley, she has been toting it around full of water ever since.

She got a whole bag full of fun loot from Brook, lotions, candy, pencils, hair things...

This was my favorite moment though.
We had gone to the Dollar store that morning to get plates and cups for the party and she saw this little bear that she really wanted. I told her no because she had too many stuffed animals and she didn't bring her own money. Well after that, Christopher went and took his own money and put the bear under his coat and ran up and paid for it without her knowing. It was really cute.
Then when she was opening and realized what it was she squealed "ooooh!" and threw her arms around him and hugged him for a long time.
I'm sure her friends were thinking, "wow, we got her way better presents and she didn't get that excited!"
I may have had a little tear in my eye at the moment though.
These two really are so close and are so thoughtful of one another, and these kind of moments make my heart melt. 
Later that day Topher and I were talking and he told me that; "I loved giving her that bear, because she squeezed me so tight, and I just love her."
Ahhhh.
Best dollar ever spent.

1 comment:

benilhalk said...

The birthday girl looks delighted to have such a fun party. The bowling alley was really an amazing place for the birthday celebrations. My son also had his birthday party last week at one of the popular rental spaces for parties, and it turned out to be quite an enjoyable event.