Monday, February 8, 2010

Bekah's Belated Birthday Post

So I am a slacker mom and never posted anything about Bekah's 6th birthday. I usually make such a BIG deal about them that this year just seemed so under-done that I didn't take a ton of pictures-thus the lack of blogging about them!
Her actual birthday was on a day that Chad had to work late so we spent the whole day without him :(.
We did the cake and everything with just us and no daddy-a little depressing, but she still managed to smile when the cake was brought out! (Lazy mom didn't make it this year after home-made Christmas, mom needed a break).
For her party, I totally left my camera at home! WOW! She had a party at an Italian restaurant in town. The girls all made pizza's and ate cake and opened presents and had an absolute blast. I always do such big to-do's and this was so easy and everything was taken care of for me that I wonder why I bother. Bekah was just as happy, the girls all had so much fun, and I got to sit and talk with my friends while someone else dealt with the drama and most of all the mess!
All Bekah wanted for her birthday was a dog. Unfortunately (for her...me, not so much) we are renting in a house that does not allow dogs. So we did the best we could and surprised her with a guinea pig! Bekah named her Emalee and loves her to pieces. I'll have to get some pictures of the fuzzy little rodent up here sometime soon. I thought I would be really grossed out by her, but she is really sweet, and actually purrs when you pet her like a cat. No long yucky tail and her eyes are all covered by her hair-so I can pretend I am petting a furry kitten and not a rat's not so distant relative.
So that was Bekah's birthday almost a whole month ago.


My other blog is monopolizing a lot of my time, and I forget to post here a lot, I will try to do better!
Just know we are all good and happy, my kids are all cute and funny, and we all miss Chad like crazy every day of the week that he is gone. Only a little over a year left of schooling-and then externship! It's hard but...Such is life! :)

2 comments:

Julie Fox said...

What a cute Bekah!!!

A. Simpson said...

Aww, we miss our friend, Bekah!