Monday, October 20, 2008
Mine and Bekah's House...Chad and Topher's Haunted House... I know it's a poor picture of Topher-but can you see the frosting in his eye? That's my crazy little boy! We did haunted house kits tonight for FHE and wow am I feeling like we are all sorts of creative over here. Granted these were kits, and we just had to put them together-but I have been doing something creative everyday for the last little bit-most of which I haven't even shown here because they are Christmas presents etc... That's right I have a HUGE head start on my Christmas gifts this year! I plan on being all done before Thanksgiving with all my handmade gifts and cards so I can focus on the Holidays this year instead of feeling like I am not going to make the 'deadline'. Watch out because... ...I am on a roll people!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
The kids and I have been making some Halloween crafts the past couple of days-okay... mostly me, but the kids were there. They are easy enough to make with kids-so if you can give up control, (I obviously can't) then they are easy and cheap or close to free to make if you already have the stuff!
These are cheesecloth ghosts, I saw them on Today's Creative Blog and when I showed Chad he said his mom made these-so he was a giant help in finding cheese cloth (in the painting section, who knew?) You mix glue and warm water, dip it, and drape it over balloons. The next day it's hard. You pop the balloons, glue on felt faces and....... voila! Here they are-on my entertainment center all spookified with my LED tea lights-not an awesome photo-but I think you can tell how cute they are!These were easy and fun-some of my kids old clothes, stuffed with plastic bags-made a head with a brown paper bag and a face with markers. Easy Peasy. The kids LOVE them and named them; Topher named the boy Ray and Bekah named the girl Carla. On an unrelated note-my boy is wearing pink rainboots in this next photo, he thinks it's hysterical to wear his sisters shoes lately. I mean giggle his guts out hysterical. My preggers friend Sara had this on her blog and it made me chuckle. Since this was a crafty blog post I thought I'd add it on.I also wanted to share a little story that happened yesterday that was kind of funny. We are renting our house that we live in as most of you know and a guy came over yesterday to fix our (totally retro) gas fireplace and while he was here, Chad and I just continued our conversation. Those of you who have hung around Chad and I know how we talk to eachother-Chad says it's flirting..whatev-it's just the way we are. We weren't talking about anything really, he was telling me that the stake primary president left a message for me on his phone and that I needed to call her back, and we were just talking back and forth about me being a flake for not calling her earlier in the day etc.. we were laughing and just talking while doing the dishes. Well when the guy was leaving he stopped and told Chad that he had been in a lot of homes and heard a lot of things, but listening to us that day had just been a real pleasure, and he really enjoyed being in our home. He shook his hand with a genuine smile on his face and left. I thought that was funny, and pretty neat that a stranger noticed that we have a good relationship and could feel the happiness and love that we have in our family and in our home, just by listening in on us for a few minutes while we were going about our lives. I'm glad he left with a warm feeling that wasn't from the warm manning...
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Above Photo by Bekah
- For the obvious reason-The Office is on tonight.
- Also it's our date night-which is harder now that we live here and don't have a grandma to watch the kids nearby anymore-but we still usually put the kids to bed early on Thursdays and usually play a game together or watch a movie and have ice cream or some other tasty treat.
- For some reason it's just a happy day for me-things usually go smoother than normal for some reason.
- We just started an extra exercise day with some of the girls around here-it was so fun today to get together and sweat and gab while our kids played in the background.
- Tonight we are having book club at my friend April's. This is the first time that I have ever been to a book club-I am super excited about it!
- I am having a good self image day-which is awesome, because lately I am feeling so bleh, looking at this last bit of baby fat-so a day where I feel this good it's time for some photos with the kids just because!