Friday, November 16, 2007

Why I will buy another year at OMSI

It's always changing, there is always something new to see, or they bring back something that they have put away for awhile-they switch it up and my kids ALWAYS have a good time. It's something we can all do together and all find something we want to do. It's not just good for the little kids like the Children's Musuem either-my older two can spend all day there and not want to leave. Chad loves all the puzzles they have and would spend the whole day doing them if I would let him, but I always want him to come see what cute thing the kids are discovering and watch as they learn and play. We LOVE this place, and will purchase another membership next year, because it has been worth every penny! This is in the live science room I believe-it's the one with all the yuckies! Rats, bugs, snakes, crabs-and Topher's personal favorite-the Gecko, I think it's because he could say it! He kept coming back to it with his little magnifying glass and saying "eko, eko, eko". Not my favorite things to look at, but the kids love this room! I loved how the kids put the magnifying glasses over thier faces-too cute! These next ones are in the new exhibit The Ends of the Earth, this exhibit was pretty cool, and even though it had some fun things for the kids like this penguin slide, the penguin walk, and the polar bear den-I think it was more for adults-so much to see, learn and read about. It's a really cool one, and it's another one of those that is included in the entrance, you don't have to pay extra for it like you have to with some of these.This picture of Topher will always make me smile, he could not take his eyes off this bear, when he wasn't saying "whoa", "wow" or "bear" he was roaring at it. I tell you this kid has no fear, Bekah-wouldn't go near it, she was hiding out in the den, the whole time we were looking at it!Now this next thing-I don't know if it's new, or one of the old exhibits they brought back-but how cool is this? You stand in front of this green screen... ...and you see this! You do a whole weather forcast for Portland! The kids loved this, they did it about 4 times, before Topher started to lose interest...because he saw the dinosaur bones, which is also new, or old but new again-whatever-I hadn't seen it and the paleontology (spelling?) lab was really cool, with a bunch of triceratop bones and fossils and stuff. I don't have any pictures, but I have a feeling we will be going again soon enough!

No comments: