Monday, August 31, 2009

"Where'd that Topher go?"

Conversation between Chad and Topher, Saturday morning.

Topher: Dad, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Dad: I want to work in medicine.
Topher: (giggling) No, dad, what do you really want to be when you grow up?
Dad: That is really what I want to do buddy, work in medicine, and work in a hospital.
Topher: Oh. Ask me what I want to be when I grow up.
Dad: Okay , what do you want to be when you grow up?
Topher: A pumpkin!!!

After, Chad related this story to me, while Topher was in ear shot, he came up to me all excited. The conversation that followed, cracked me up.

Mom: So you want to be a pumpkin huh pal? That's awesome!
Topher: Yeah, totally awesome! When bad guys come, I can turn into a pumpkin, and they will say, "Hey where'd that Topher go?" and the other bad guys will say, "I don't know....Hey! I think he turned into a pumpkin!"
Then he laughed a good jolly pumpkin laugh.

No comments: