Monday, October 29, 2007

One of the best things about Halloween

Pumpkin shaped sugar cookies! This has to be Chad's most favorite treat, maybe even more than vanilla ice cream. I like the decorating part, but I can't eat too many of them-Chad and my kids don't have that problem though!My mom and Tabitha were on a baking hiatus last night to make some halloween goodies to send to Trae in Quitar. They made these, pumpkin bread and the richest brownies you have ever eaten! If you are a major sugar junkie you should try these, they are a Paula Dean recipe-You put greased foil in the bottom of a 9x13 pan, put half a brownie mix on the bottom , place 3 king size symphony bars side by side on top of the batter and pour the rest of the brownie mix on top. Then bake-the candy bar gets melted inside and has bits of toffee too. SOOOO rich, I could barely eat a tiny square of one, and I like rich desserts. A little tip, they are a little easier to eat after they have cooled down, they don't seem soooo creamy and rich that way!

No comments: