Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco deMayo

It was a fun and happy Cinco de Mayo for us-we kind of threw a small party together last minute since we didn't have any plans for the night. We stopped at the grocery store-filled our cart with fajita fixins, margarita mix and of course candy and a piniata. Dinner turned out fantastic and everyone enjoyed our virgin margaritas-with a family this goofy already, it's probably a good thing none of us drink!
We all had to "try on" the Piniata Sombrero-and I posted everyones pictures except mine-because ha ha-my blog, my pictures, my power!Christopher wanted to be wearing gloves for some reason-so we found these 'fancy' ones of my moms if you were wondering what in the world was on his hands!My mom apparently thought it was a Mexican Luau-haha~We then let the kids destroy the hat-they each took as many turns as they wanted, until we decided we would be there all night and let my little brother Tyler help them. We let the kids pick up candy until they didn't want to anymore and then it was our turn-it is way too much candy for all of us plus some for the rest of the summer, we will probably still have some on Halloween!The kids ate only a couple pieces of candy before they crashed hard, Topher didn't even finish his kit kat bar before he was out, which is why he is covered in brown stuff...It was a very full day for them.
While the kids slept, we adults watched Juno, which I really liked a lot more than I thought I would. I love the music in it too. It was a good day and a fun night-not too many of these spontaneous 'parties' at my moms left before we move-it is going to be hard not to just be able to go over there last minute when we want to play.

No comments: