Friday, May 2, 2008

Preschool Pals

This is Bekah and her best friend from Pre-School, Alexi. They had a playdate at our place today, and had so much fun. They are two peas in a pod I tell you! They colored on Bekah's easel, baked cookies, played dress up, read books, scrapbooked (click hereto see their work) and laughed their guts out. It was so nice having Alexi here, she is really sweet and listens and can entertain both my kids so well. Bekah is super excited to be able to go play at her house in the next week or two. She is going to miss her an awful lot when we move and preschool is over, she has made a really great friend. Pre-school has been really great for Bekah in this aspect, she is making lots of friends and learning lots of great stuff.
It's the not so great stuff that she's learining that makes me glad it's almost over!
A lot of these kids have older siblings-so the whole competition thing has rubbed off on her since she's been going-she needs to have the biggest, or the first, or the right side, or the longest or whatever it is of everything and that makes me nutty. Then there is the phrases she has picked up from the high school students that teach her-nothing too terrible-just attitude things that she hasn't heard around here.
I know some of you might think I'm absolutely nutty-but I am seriously considering home schooling my kids. My sister in law did it and her kids are very well behaved for the ages they are, and they are not at all socially wierd, they have lots of friends from church and their neighborhood and are some of the best kids I know. She is letting her teenage girls go every other day (A day B day) to high school, so they get to have some of those experiences, like dances etc..., but she still home schools them on the alternative days which means she gets to instill their family values and makes sure they are getting all their assignments done and understands them.
What do you think? Crazy or Good idea?

No comments: