Friday, February 16, 2007

A Beary Happy Valentines Day

We had a great Valentines Day and I hope you all did too! Chad and I celebrated on Tuesday night so that we could share the actual holiday with the kids. Chad and I went to Jake's Craw fish-It is a super yummy seafood restaurant that has been here in Portland for 110 years-it's one of the top ten seafood restaurants in the nation. So you can imagine how yummy it was! We shared a crab cake appetizer with a ginger jalapeno sauce, mmmmm, I ordered a crab tortellini with a Gorgonzola cream sauce and Chad ordered salmon grilled on a cedar plank then we shared a slice of Jake's famous truffle cake. Heavenly! We shared gifts and had a really romantic evening together. Chad's theory on Valentines Day is that it is a girls holiday, a chance to spoil the girls in his life. So on Wednesday Bekah got a darling little necklace from him that says 'Daddy's Little Girl' on a heart with a little diamond. (Chad sent a matching one to Ryeleigh too). Bekah thinks she is so big! She gave Topher a good talking too about how special the necklace is and how he is not to touch it, it was very funny. Then we had to take her to the doctor for her 3 year check up, no fun, but she is healthy, except the doctor said she had a small heart murmur. I know it sounds bad, but the doctor said it is completely normal for a child of her age, and will grow out of it. I tell you what though, I about died when she first mentioned it! Then after the horrible immunization experience we went to the mall to Build A Bear and let Bekah go wild! She loved it! She picked out and stuffed a little puppy that she named Cassie,(I really don't know where she got that name, it was like she had it picked out for years, the way she just told us matter of fact that was her name). That dog has not left her side since, so I think the purchase was well worth it! Christopher did not get spoiled as he is not a girl , but he got a few extra squeezes and Chad and I both gave him probably a little more chocolate than was necessary! For dinner we made a big fancy dinner at our house and invited my brother and sister over. It was a great holiday, and I don't care how commercial everyone thinks it is- a holiday to remind us to completely focus on the people we love, another chance to dress up and eat at a fancy restaurant, another day to get spoiled by my husband, another day to get cute little handmade cards from my 3 year old, another day to eat yummy chocolates and see all the hearts, flowers and love in the world around us-I say thank you Hallmark!

No comments: