Saturday, July 5, 2008

Loving the child slave labor

Thursday day we spent outside with our little manual laborers. Zach and Ryeleigh hauled about 50 bricks out of our back yard to the front, took a mallet and broke up concrete pieces and threw them in the trash and picked up branches from the trees that had fallen. Our backyard was left in kind of a mess from the previous tenants along the edges. Lots of random things that will probably take us a good part of the summer to clean all up if we want it to all fit in the trash. After that Chad decided he had had it with the tree in front of our house. Ever since we saw the first pictures of the house he wanted to cut it down, so today he did. You can see the tree in the first picture. Now if we just get rid of the ugly satellite dish on our house, the front of our house might be somewhat cute! I wish it had some kind of awning or something coming from the roof, but we're renting so I guess I will just have to deal with what we can do!
Bekah our little tree hugger was not happy about it, apparently she was in love with that tree and wanted to keep it forever. She did pose next to the stump with a smile on her face though. Our brave little soldier!So what were me and the little kids doing while everyone else was sweating and grunting away?
Watching the show from the shade on our freshly mowed lawn also completed by the slave labor going on. This is the one and only benefit and perk to being 8 months pregnant in this heat, getting out of the hard stuff. Though right now, I would really just like the baby out and be able to help-my ribs, my back, my achin feet-I am READY!

No comments: