Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm a Mommy

Mother's Day was well...crappy...literally. Chad had to be at meetings after a full night of work at 7 am at the church. SO that left me to get the kids ready for church by myself. Nothing new. Except this particular Sunday, Porter got a new tooth, and was not in good spirits. He was crying and clinging as I walked up the stairs to get the older kids up when, oh, such a nasty smell filled my nostrils. I started to dry heave as I walked into the kids room. From the first sentence of this post, you can guess what had happened. I'll spare you the details. Suffice it to say it was DIS-GUS-TING. Woke up mumbling teenager to hold fussy baby while I cleaned up that mess. Got the kids ready for church, giving me no time for myself. Threw on dress that required no effort and some sandals. On my way out the door, saw the sweet note my husband had left for me and the little Flip video camera I had been wanting. Such a sweetheart! Realized once I got to church-my toenails were less than stellar and I was in open toed shoes. Fantastic. Whatever-church was great and we had no further incident. Came home, Chad went to bed and crashed hard. Porter fell asleep in his car seat. I took a little nap myself. Blissful. Then Porter woke up. I went into his room to an even worse smell than that morning. Clothes needed to be changed. I'll leave it at that. After Chad was able to get his eyes opened we went t o the Appahs. We had a fantastic dinner and a great time as always hanging out. So, it wasn't all, ummm...crappy. But it comes with the territory of being a mommy, and it's all worth it!

No comments: