Saturday, December 6, 2008

December Daily 5 | The Reason & The Cookies

Friday: Still having a great December, full of Christmasy things. Unfortunately my oven and I were too worn out from baking about 150 0f these;
and about 150 of these to have cupcake Friday again. (I will make up for it-I have 3 great recipes in the works for this month!)That's right, I baked almost 300 cookies for the Nativity Gathering at the church!
Of course it was one of those days where Porter thought it would be a good day to take zero naps until right before we had to leave-so I got NOTHING else accomplished for the day, but luckily I didn't have much else to do!
It was really nice-everyone brought beautiful Nativities to look at, and there was a live Nativity with a reading put on by the youth.
There was beautiful music and there were lots of cookies and yummy treats, my kids filled up on them and found it pretty pointless to eat dinner afterwards...
...I'm okay with that. It was a great night to remember what this season is all about and be able to have the opportunity to share it with my kids.

No comments: