Thursday, December 4, 2008

Coasters

The kids and I, (okay mostly me) made these for thier Grandma for Christmas. She is always in need of some coasters.
They are super cheap and easy for those of you who need a quick gift that costs less than a buck!
The 4x4 tiles I got at Home Depot for 14 cents each!
I printed out a picture of each of the kids in a 3 inch square on regular paper-I don't think that photo paper would work as well. I modge podged till the cows came home, actually just until they had a thick enough coat that I felt comfortable with. I am not comfotable with cows at my home.
For the handprints and footprint-duh acrylic paint and a sharpie to write the names and dates-sprayed with a clear glossy spray paint (99 cents at Wal-mart).
I cut up some felt squares and hot glued them to the bottom to protect her furniture-but you could also use the 3m felt dots in the corners.
Voila! Cheap and cute and the kids could totally do this themselves if their mom wasn't an impatient perfectionist!

1 comment: